Creating Confident Readers
Strong reading skills create academic success. If your child struggles with reading, they will lose interest in learning, experience a decrease in grades and have a higher risk of school dropout. Our tutors create confident readers through our personalized learning programs. Our reading specialists focus on all elements of reading:
- Phonemic Awareness
For readers that require a more intensive reading program, one of our research-based reading programs may be the right fit for your child. These reading programs are systematic and explicit in instruction and help struggling readers increase confidence and close the reading gap.
Our Reading Intervention Programs:
- Wilson’s Fundations
- Wilson Reading System
- Phonics Boost
- Phonics Blitz
Identifying Your Child’s Reading Needs:
Our reading assessment identifies your child’s reading strengths and weaknesses. Establishing a baseline is essential to developing a personalized learning plan for your child. Our reading tutor uses the data from the reading assessment to create the appropriate reading program based on your child’s reading skills. This helps minimize frustration, strengthen confidence and increase reading levels.
Wilson Reading Tutor in Philadelphia
The Wilson Reading System is a systematic, interactive, and multisensory reading program. It is a highly structured program that teaches students the structure of language. It teaches students how to fluently and accurately decode words
How do you know if the Wilson Reading System is the right fit for your child?
The Wilson Reading System is designed for students with weaknesses in decoding (word attack) and encoding (spelling) skills. This program would benefit the following students:
- Students that have been diagnosed with a language based learning disability such as dyslexia
- Students who have trouble reading new words and “nonsense” syllables
- Poor spellers
- ELL students who can not read or write in English
- Students with significant reading gaps in decoding and encoding
Do you think your child may benefit from The Wilson Reading System? Our educational specialists at Team Tutor can determine if your child is a good fit for our various Wilson Reading programs.
The Team Tutor Advantage:
Our reading tutors will:
- Individualize the reading program to fit your child’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Adjust the reading program to fit your child’s pace and learning progress.
- Motivate and connect with your child so they are building a strong learning partnership for academic success.
- Collaborate with your child’s classroom teacher so the reading program supports the current school curriculum.