Summer is a time to relax, unwind and learn new things! However, it can be challenging to keep your child entertained and not feeling bored. Are you looking for ways to keep your child engaged, active and learning all summer long? Here are 20 activities to foster creativity, beat summer boredom and helps prevent summer learning loss!
1. Learn a new language. Duolingo is one of our favorite language learning apps!
2. Make a music video.
3. Create a funny skit and video tape it.
4. Plan a meal. Shop for the ingredients. Cook it for your family.
5. Go hiking and vlog your experience.
6. Plan a scavenger hunt.
7. Host a movie marathon on a rainy day.
8. Create an obstacle course in your yard.
9. Do a jigsaw puzzle.
10. Learn a magic trick.
11. Learn to cross stitch.
12. Learn Origami.
13. Pick a genre or a favorite author and read a book with a partner and have a book discussion.
14. Make a summer music playlist.
15. Have a photoshoot with your friends.
16. Have a water balloon fight.
17. Learn to surf.
18. Start a summer journal.
19. Select a few games and have a family game night.
20. Create a dance battle with your friends.
Be creative and think outside of the box. Summer is a wonderful time to use your imagination and do things of interest. Being creative not only beats boredom but also fosters summer learning!
No Comments | Have a comment? Leave one.